Sunday, March 28, 2010

Claire wrote a presidents story to help us remember them in order!

Presidents Story
I have to wash a ton of laundry Washington
Because I added a man to my family Adams
Jeff is my son Jefferson
Sometimes I get so mad at my son Madison
I have to go row my boat to calm down Monroe
I added another man to my family Adams
Jack is my new son’s name Jackson
Now I have to drive a minivan—boring! Van Buren
My boys are both hairy sons Harrison
And they have a little friend named Tyler, who wears bow ties Tyler
One day Tyler poked someone-- Polk
A little girl named Taylor! Taylor
I had to go to the dentist to get my teeth filled more. Fillmore
That needle pierced me! Pierce
It felt like 2 cannons! Buchanan
When I got home, I played with Lincoln logs Lincoln
With my friend, John’s son. Johnson
Then my great aunt came over Grant
She had a haze of perfume around her! Hayes
I had to get in my car and drive through a field to get away! Garfield
I drove to see an author sign books. Arthur
He was in Cleveland. Cleveland
A lot of hairy sons are there Harrison
Why are they in Cleveland? Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Cleveland
Then I drove all the way to Mt. McKinley. McKinley
When I got there, I picked a rose and put it in my belt. Roosevelt
I ate a piece of taffy too. Taft
I was there with my buddy Will’s son Wilson
We did some hard climbing. Harding
We had to stop and drink some Koolaid on a ridge. Coolidge

At the top, I said, “Hoo, we’re there!” Hoover
And I put another rose in my belt. Roosevelt
My buddy said, “True, man.” Truman
I used my eyes to scan how to get down. Eisenhower
I asked, “What can we do?” Kennedy
I saw John’s son coming toward us Johnson
I wanted to run down, but my buddy nixed that idea. Nixon
“If we can afford it”, he said, Ford
“we should buy a car and just steer down.” Carter
All of a sudden, we saw an alien with a raygun! Reagan
We hid behind a bush Bush
We could still see the glint on his gun Clinton
So we ducked back behind our bush. Bush
All of a sudden—a BOMB exploded! Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment